Your Environmental Experts in Edmonton
Advanced Enviro Engineering
Our dedicated and experienced team in Edmonton is dedicated to delivering exceptional environmental engineering solutions.
- Field sampling planning
- Groundwater monitoring, well installation, and sampling
- Soil sampling
- Landfill gas sampling and monitoring
- Contaminant delineation
- ESA Phase I, ESA Phase II, ESA Phase III
Advanced Environmental Engineering Edmonton
Our Environmental Engineering Team
Advanced Enviro Engineering Ltd. is an Alberta-based environmental engineering and consulting firm founded in 1992. From the beginning, we set out to provide practical solutions for both business and the environment. Through our commitment to client service, we offer expert and professional results in a highly personalized approach.
Environmental Engineering Services
We have a winning strategy for delivering exceptional environmental engineering solutions in:
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase I, II or III As Required
- Site Remediation
- Soil and Water Sampling and Monitoring
- Compost Site Planning and Monitoring
We pride ourselves in delivering quality results to all stakeholders in a wide range of sectors. Our project office consists of a team of highly skilled and qualified staff dedicated to you and your company’s environmental needs.
View some of our project overviews for various types of clients.
Good Words From Our Environmental Engineering Clients
“Excellent service, report turnaround time, and good team to work with.”
John Nitz, InterUrban Development Inc.
“Advanced Enviro provides excellent, personal service.”
Alan Welch, John L. Little Holdings Ltd
Phase I, Phase II & Phase III Environmental Site Assessments
The ESA is usually performed in phases. The following description explains what Phase I, II, and III ESAs are and how they fit together.
Phase I: Consists of detailed research of available site information and visual site inspection to determine if there are indications of potential site contamination from the past and present site uses and from adjacent properties. Soil and other testing are not normally needed during the Phase I. If the Phase I indicates that there is a potential for site contamination then a Phase II assessment will be recommended. The Phase I report will include preliminary recommendations regarding the scope and cost for further investigation required. Phase II work begins only with client approval. This approach provides the client with the maximum results for the money spent. A Phase I ESA is accurate at the time it is conducted but as time passes site conditions may change. An appreciation of such changes in conditions must be noted when interpreting a Phase I ESA.
Phase II: Confirms the existence of contamination as well as the type and amount of contamination through soil and water testing. This is often done by drilling boreholes and installing ground-water monitoring wells. The scope of this work is delineated by what is
discovered in the Phase I (location of testing, contaminants to be tested for, etc.) and will vary for each site depending on the type of contamination suspected.
Phase III and beyond: Verifies the extent of the problem provides alternatives for site remediation and finally, site cleanup. The scope of work and the cost is directly dependent upon the nature of the contamination and the site itself.
A Sample of Advanced Enviro Project Achievements Include:
• Phase I ESA’s of fourteen Highway Maintenance Yards for Alberta Public Works, Supply and Services.
• Detailed site investigations and 75 Residential Audits for Public Works and Government Services Canada; as well as Phase II investigations of three closed landfills and one gas station in the Loon River First Nations Land Claims Area. The investigations included extensive soil and ground water testing.
• Phase II ESA for the Department of National Defence, Cold Lake; for a bulk refueling station.
• Hundreds of Phase I ESA’s across Western Canada of industrial, commercial, and multiresidential properties.
Frequently Asked Questions: Environmental Assessments
Trust a certified APEGA member for your environmental site assessment in Alberta. We uphold professional standards of practice and professionalism in all that we do.
REACH OUT TO US